[TYPO3-commerce] RFC: #6634: Refactor tx_commerce_products get_attribute_matrix() and get_product_attribute_matrix()

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Apr 8 01:19:33 CEST 2010

Crossposting this to the commerce patch list to stick to our new rules.
Please post any follow ups to typo3-team-commerce only.

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Problem: get_attribute_matrix() and get_product_attribute_matrix() have
> tons of duplicate code, are messy and slow.
>
> Solution: Rewrite the methods from scratch.

I counted Morten's review as a +1. The patch set was now pending for
quite some time without further objections.

So it's now in current trunk, please find the final patches on forge:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/6634

- Committed _pre rev. 32013
- Committed _main rev. 32014
- Committed _test patch rev. 32015
- Reverted test patch rev. 32016
- Committed _use rev. 32017
- Committed _deprecate rev. 32019

Goal of this pretty complex commit procedure was to enable people to
step back to certain points if bugs pop up. This way debugging should be
pretty easy, eg. by svn reverting/merging to rev. 32015, which has all
methods in parallel together with enabled debug code to compare the output.

This non-trivial patch set was pretty time consuming, but FE output
should be a lot quicker and the code is much cleaner and better
commented (but still far from perfect), I hope it was worth it and we
didn't introduce any new bugs ...

Special thanks to Dimitry and Morten for help and reviews!

Cheers
Christian