[TYPO3-commerce] ???

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Sep 1 11:03:31 CEST 2009

We are using webformat shop for our current purpose. Our decision was made
after contacting the developer of this extension and there is a new Version
3 coming out with lots of new features in November so our decision was made
towards webformats solution. It really depends what for you need the shop.
If you only want to sell virtual services and this kind of stuff use
"trade".

If you need a solution which will run a huge shop than think about using
fb_magento (typogento) Unfortunately it isn't running with the newest
Magento Versions at the moment otherwise this would have been our first
choice. But than we figured out a problem in combining external stuff with
TYPO3. So our customer who wants to maintain his site later by himself was
worried about it that if magento updates a stuff and than nothing goes
anymore.

So we checked tt_products - very good and stable solution, and we also
checked commerce. But here the missing documentation was the main point the
customer rejected commerce as he found threads from years ago where they
were looking for a documentation. Well he checked also some other shop
solutions and finally found the webformat shop (extended_shop). A small but
very fine solution and as he heard about Version 3.0 this was the way to go.
That's the whole story! The customer is the king :-) we try todo as he
wishes and until now we are very happy with this solution as it saved us
also a lot of time!

Andi