[TYPO3-commerce] Different templates for different categories?

Oberhauser Stefan oberhauser at hoelzel.at
Wed Oct 28 15:00:25 CET 2009

Hello,

Is it possible to use different templates for different categories on the
same level? (A similar issue was already discussed in January 2009 on this
list), Ingo Schmitt said to use Category Typoscript.

I tried to use "Category Typoscript" in the category properties.

1) This is in the TypoScript-Setup for all categories:
plugin.tx_commerce_pi1.templateFile =
fileadmin/templates/commerce/category_product_1.html

2) For the other category with the other template I used this in "Category
Typoscript":
plugin.tx_commerce_pi1.templateFile =
fileadmin/templates/commerce/category_product_2.html

It seems to be simple. I thought, this would be like an extension template,
but it has no effect at all.
I am new on this list. I hope if anybody has an idea what's wrong or how I
could manage this, please give me a hint.

Stefan Oberhauser