[TYPO3-commerce] Strange empty link in navigation while browsing third level

Erik Sokoll erik at t3media.de
Mon Nov 9 13:48:01 CET 2009

Hi people,
in a system with a third level navigation I have the strange problem,
that an empty link appears before the very last closing </ul> only when
you move to this third level.
In our case it's ugly because we use a CSS background image which shows
up and by this I recognized this empty link.

  Navigation-Structure
  ====================
The Navigation is partial like this...

SYSTEM
  -Productcatalogue
    --Category-1
      ---Product-1
      ---Product-2
    --Category-2

...and partial like this...

SYSTEM
  -Productcatalogue
    --Category-1
    --Category-2
      --Sub-category-1
        ---Product-3
        ---Product-4

  Problem
  =======
In case you expand 'Sub-category-1' an empty link shows up at the very
end of the over all navigation; as a last <li> before the closing </ul>
from the first level.
As an example it looks like this:

        </ul>
      </li>
    </ul>
  </li>
</ul>

  System information
  ==================
TYPO3: 4.2.10
Commerce: 0.12.1
User function for navigation: user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub
(EXT:commerce/lib/class.tx_commerce_navigation.php)

The navigation itself is based on this example [1], but see my part of
TS-Template.
[1] http://www.sk-typo3.de/Shop-aufsetzen-mit-commerce-Quickt.286.0.html

  TS-Template
  ===========
   subparts.PRODUKTNAVI = HMENU
   subparts.PRODUKTNAVI {
        special = userfunction
        special.userFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->init
        special{
            category = 2
            showProducts = 1
            overridePid = 31
        }
#        // Menuelevel 1
        1 = TMENU
        1 {
            wrap = <ul class="pri"> | </ul>
            expAll = 0
            noBlur = 1
            NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>
        }
#        // Menuelevel 2
        2 = TMENU
        2 {
            wrap = <ul class="sek"> | </ul>
            NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>
        }
#        // Menuelevel 3
        3 = TMENU
        3 {
            wrap = <ul class="ter"> | </ul>
            NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>
        }
        1.itemArrayProcFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->clear
        2.itemArrayProcFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->clear
        3.itemArrayProcFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->clear
    }

  Live view
  =========
For those who want to see it on the real webpage, you can have a look
here [2].

IMPORTANT!!!
!!! Please remove the '_REMOVE_' inside this link !!!

[2]
<http://www.ilgenfr_REMOVE_itz.biz/Produktliste.31.0.html?&no_cache=1&tx_commerce_pi1[catUid]=24&cHash=c9cc30ad6b>

By the link [2] you expand the first level 'TLS Abschaltung' and will
see the second level 'John Deere' (which is a sub-category).
Everything is fine till now!
By clicking on 'John Deere' you expand till the third level now and you
will see at the very end (under 'VMS') a last empty link on level one.
Because of the CSS it shows up as a half (first level) navigation image.

  Question
  ========
My question could mainly go to Volker, Ingo and Ricardo but maybe others
have a solution as well.
I checked lib/class.tx_commerce_navigation.php but can not find the reason.
There is a variable $mDepth defined  as value '2', but it has nothing to
do with this error (I guess). If you set it to '3' it's still the same.

Has had anybody of you the same problem and found a solution?

Greetings...
Erik

- --