[TYPO3-commerce] Listing products from categories and subcategories

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Wed May 6 09:13:01 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I've a list of categories, each of which having multiple subcategories.
Products/articles only exist in the context of each subcategory. When I
click a category in the FE, I see a grouped-list of all the products of
each of the subcategories to that particular category; so far so good.
But when I click on one of the subcategories in the navigation menu, I
would expect to see a list of the products contained within that
particular subcategory. Not so. Nothing is listed.

I've tried all combinations of:

groupProductsByCategory = 1
hideProductsInList = 0

But to no avail. I should mention that I've come in to this project at a
very late stage, and have no experience with commerce, so am having to
figure it out as I go along. I've gone through the code and TS setup
looking for config options that might be the culprit, but I can't see
why it's behaving the way it is. Surely it's desired behaviour that it
should list the products of subcategories? I would think it would be
default behaviour?

Does anyone have any ideas?

tia

Andrew Plank