[TYPO3-commerce] Field mapping feuser-tt_address -> gender, checkout

Bob Wild rowild at gmx.net
Mon Aug 17 12:51:32 CEST 2009

Hi, list,

(Using commerce 0.11.14 on Typo3 4.2.8)

In the EM there is a "Field mapping feuser-tt_address". Using the
standard implementation is not sufficient, so I extended it like this
(in favour for some comments I insert line breaks - this is only for
this post, of course):

company,company;
gender,gender;
first_name,first_name;
last_name,last_name;

last_name,surname;          <- last name should also be in surname field
last_name,name;             <- last name should also be in name field

title,title;
date_of_birth,birthday;
address,address;
zip,zip;
city,city;
country,country;
telephone,phone;
fax,fax;
email,email;
www,www;

This leads to 2 observations:

1. The gender field is not properly translated. While in the fe_users
table the "gender" field is a "int(11) unsigned" field, the "gender"
field in tt_address is a "varchar(1) latin1_swedish_c1" with a positive
Null paramter.
Does anybody know how to make them work together?

2. The checkout process shows 2 times the last name. As I found out,
this is, because during the checkout process commerce reads the info
from the "name" and the (probably) "last_name" (or surname?) field from
tt_address. When I make changes to the first name in the checkout
process (by "edit address" or whatever that is called in English - i am
working on a german translation), the changes are saved to the "name"
field. The same thing happens, when I remove the "last_name,name" mapping.
Is this an intended behaviour? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Robert