[TYPO3-commerce] Problem with country in checkout

Claudius Heitz typo3 at heitz.info
Thu Sep 11 10:29:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've got a weird problem with the country field in the checkout process
of commerce.

As soon as the user comes the last page of the checkout (the listing
page with an overview) and then goes back to the address page for the
invoice, the country isn't the chosen one but the first in alphabetic
order (Afghanistan).

I suppose the problem is, that instead of the country code (eg. DEU for
Germany) the country name itself is submitted ("Germany"). This I
recognized in the country field of tt_address that is created after
finishing the order.

But why does this happen?

The weird thing is also that on a local installation of the same shop
this error doesn't occur.

Does anyone have an idea where this error could come from?

I use:
Typo3 4.2.1
PHP5
commerce svn version from July 2008