[TYPO3-commerce] COMMERCE: Special tax and extra costs

Dennis Kernast cheebong at gmx.net
Fri Oct 31 14:09:14 CET 2008

Hello ...
I am just sitting on a project which is a tyre shop done with commerce.
So far everything is ok but now I meet some really hard specifications.

In the basket there is the possibility to choose a payment method and a
delivery article.
As you know this is already implemented by commerce.

My customer's wishes:
1) They want shop costumers to choose in the basket whether tyres should
be mounted or not.
The price for this depends on tyre type and amount of tyres.

2) There is a special environmental tax that depends on the country the
customer comes from, tyre type and amount of tyres.

3) Delivery costs depend on tyre type, amount of tyres, customers
zip-code and country.

So there will be a lot of calculations for these three "wishes". I want
these to take place in the checkout where the basket is shown again to
the customer as there is all data available for processing.

I have just seen that there are two hooks that might be interesting for
this:
Function generateBasket and Function handleBasket

As I am not so familiar with commerce yet I just wanted to ask if anyone
has an idea how this could be implemented or if someone has done
something similar before.
I am really looking forward for any kind of tips...

THANK YOU
Dennis