[TYPO3-commerce] Somebody working on a "people who bought this also bought" extension?

robelix roland at robelix.com
Fri Feb 8 20:21:48 CET 2008

Well, since I need a Preview on Monday I already started such an extension.

I tried to make it as flexible as possible - so other data-providers
(the classes that actually do the search) can be added. The One I wrote
is propably not very efficient if you already have large amounts of orders.

So just a pretty quick howto:
- Install the beast
- add ###RECOMMENDED_ITEMS_LISTVIEW### marker to the Product-SingleView
Template.

and of course:
- expect bugs - the baby is only 1 1/2 days old and so far tested with
only one installation.
- the only docs so far are the comments in the code.
- several things are just prepared, like: filling up with random
products if not enough found, plug into basket-view, too...
- I'm not sure if the way I reuse the renderProductsForList method was a
good idea - but it seems to work for now.

Ingo Schmitt wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> it would be cool top have it or even better to integrate this in the
> core. Maybe we could join forces..

I think the core should be kept as small as possible. And since we have
the powerful extension-manager, hooks an all this pretty stuff of typo3
I don't see a real reason for integrating it. - Just my opinion ;)

Roland