[TYPO3-commerce] RFC #2346: Bug: Prices not refreshed after login

Ingo Schmitt spam at marketing-factory.de
Wed Dec 31 17:30:56 CET 2008

Hi Cedric,

I've looked at your patch and it looks perfectly for all cases where no
price change in the basket is done so fare. The reason, why we have
implemented the change price method, is, that in some cases the price is
manipulated in the basket, depending on the User or depending on the
Basket itself. Think for example of delivery costs based on wheight.

I do know some installation where this is done, so your patch would
break this.

But, I general, I do think we should change it by default to the way you
are proposing, but when the price is changed we should go on with the
changed price. It might be good to have a "pric changed" flag per Basket
line, if the price is changed, we should go with the old version,
otherwise with the new version.

What do you think?

Regards

Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung