[TYPO3-commerce] T3X_commerce-latest-*.t3x - how to get the latest version of commerce?

Christian Wolff Chris at connye.com
Wed Aug 13 00:33:53 CEST 2008

Hi Pascal,
svn is a Version System. and the latest version of a project is usually
found in
trunk,
there may be other folders for stable versions
or special brances. if the software design needs it.

if you whant the latest version you simply do a "checkout"
the command looks somthing like this
svn checkout <URL> [PATH]

<url> is to be substituted by the url of your svn reposertory
[PATH] is the folder where the data will be saved

if you want to get the latest commerce version you could do somthing like
this:
svn checkout https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/commerce/trunk/
/mydata/

this will download all sourcecode out of the trunk to your harddisk in the
folder /mydata/
(if you are using a Posix like operating system)

after you once created you lokal copy you kann simlpy do an
svn update [PATH]

in the example
svn update /mydata/

svn then gets only the files that differ.

if you are using windows and don't like the command line. you could use
TortoiseSVN
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

basicaly an an svn client whitch nicly integrades with the windows exploer
so
a update or checkout is simply done by rightklicking on the folder and
select
the option of choise.

this is basicaly what you need :)

greets chris