[TYPO3-commerce] article search in FE

Volker Graubaum vg_typo3 at e-netconsulting.de
Fri Sep 14 07:56:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

> hmm - the no_cache parameter is not the best solution - but I guess you
> know.

Yes ;-)

>> what we build here is an own plugin, depending on commerce_pi1,
>> where we built the article/product list with
>> a) an ux for index_search for fulltextsearch (you can return only the
>> showUid from commerce
>> b) AttributeSearch with getArticleByAttributeMatrix
>
> I haven't found that one in the commerce source. Are you sure about this
> method?

Yes, but not sure about the spelling, BUT after looking here

http://doc.typo3-commerce.org/

If ound the spelling :-) get_Articles_by_AttributeArray

Sorry next time I will add the class, when I'm not sure about the
spelling, then it's easier to finde ;-)

tx_commerce_product is it in this case ;-)

>> and render it like the normal commerce Display.
>
> If I get you right - your own plugin uses a call to a xclassed
> indexed_search internally which only returns the uids. These are then
> rendered by an internal instance of commerce_pi1?
> 1. How do you instantiate pi1 correctly?

class tx_commerce_special_search extend tx_commerce_pi1 {

}
;-)

> 2. How do you tell commerce_pi1 to only show the uids from the
>    search-result?

defined in my own class

> 3. How do you combine different search modes? Do you execute all
>    of them and check which uid's match in all of the results?

Yeap, I check which values are set in the searchArray and combine it ;-)

> 4. I never had a look at indexed_search - any more details in which
>    methods I have to hook/xclass in?

Try the main class

there you can do something like

	function main($content, $conf)    {
			// Initialize:

		if(!$conf['returnOnlyCommerceResults']){
			return parent::main($content, $conf);
		}
		// else do my own things
	}