[TYPO3-commerce] HOWTO returning customers needed

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Wed Oct 31 13:38:31 CET 2007

vdvelde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody who has an idea, in handling the returning customers ??
>
> When a customer returns and fills in the address form again for a new order
> he gets pointed out thet the email already excist.
>
> What are the options/posiblities in this case??
>
> Regards,
> Tom

Hi Tom,

My current idea (still needs to be bolted on) is to modify the message
string into:

This email addr is already in use. If you are a returning customer
please login to the system here.

Or have some message above or below the form explaining the sense of
logging in (not typing the address every time).

You of course need some loginbox set up. With a forgot-password link. In
our case the login data are not sent to the customer by default since it
may confuse them. But once the email has been entered, the customer is
known. The 'email exists' marker is the 'second' place to inform them of
this fact.

Hope you can work out something useful now.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/