[TYPO3-commerce] Need advice about implementing product articles

Paul Hansen paul at ecopixel.com
Wed Oct 31 02:37:08 CET 2007

Barbara Wijbenga wrote:
> Hell,
>
> I've just started a shop and have a question:
>
> I have a product, which has comes in a size (large, middle, small), a
> weight (0,5 kg., 1kg., 2kg., 3kg., 4kg., 5kg.) and a quantity (300, 400,
> 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2400, 3000, 3200 or 4000 pieces
> in one package).
>
> Not every size has all the weights and all the quantities.
> When I make attributes of the sizes, weights and quantities, the product
> gets 234 possible articles, of which I need only 14...
> It's not really a nice chore to find them in those 234 and I couldn't
> tell my client he has to make his articles that way...
>
> So, does anyone know a better way to do this?

Try using Shall attributes instead of Select. When you create a new
article, you'll get drop-down fields for each attribute rather than the
big array of checkboxes. The downside is that on the Product articles
sheet you won't see each article's attributes. as you would with Select.
Perhaps this has been addressed in newer Commerce versions.

Take care,
Paul