[TYPO3-commerce] Category shortcut to first subcategory

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 24 15:37:22 CEST 2007

Hi Ian,

> Maybe I bad formed the question...

your question was quite clear.

> I have a commerce category structure like this one:
> Main Category 1
>     Sub Category 1a
>     Sub Category 1b
> Main Category 2
>     Sub Category 2a
>     Sub Category 2b
>     Sub Category 2c
> Main Category 3
> Main Category 4
>     Sub Category 4a
>     Sub Category 4b
>
> Then I have a main menu with the main categories:
> Main Category 1 - Main Category 2 - Main Category 3 - Main Category 4
>
> E.g.: how can I make the "Main Category 2" link equal to "Sub Category
> 2a" link?

I'm not aware of such a functionality and I don't think this is
something you can tweak with some clever TS - so I guess you might have
to implement it by your own.

You might want to have a look at 'lib/class.tx_commerce_navigation.php'
which is responsible for building the fake menu-array. Implementing it
should not be a to big problem. Add a new db-field to the categories
table where you define the shortcut and check for it in the mentioned
class. Adding all functionality of shortcuts known from pages might be a
little bit more tricky - but should also be no problem to do.

Hope that helps.
--
Greetings,
Franz