[TYPO3-commerce] How to change default image sizes?

Marcel Burkhalter info at internezzo.ch
Thu Oct 18 17:35:15 CEST 2007

Hello list

I tried to define default image sizes as demonstrated in the wiki
(http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Commerce):

# setup default image sizes
lib.tx_commerce {
  articles {
    fields.images.file {
      maxW = 250
      maxH = 250
    }
  }
<snip>

This didn't work so I looked a little deeper. These lib. settings are copied
into the plugin settings:
<snip> products < lib.tx_commerce.products
which results in:
plugin.tx_commerce_pi1.singleView.products.fields.images.file.maxW
(150px default from lib. settings)

hence overwriting the lib. settings in my TS Setup code has no effect on the
copied plugin settings wich
are acually used for FE rendering.
Am I doing something wrong? Should the code from the wiki work? Or do I
really have to overwrite
the default 150px image width in all copied plugin settings??

Another question: is there yet a stable 0.9.3 version? As far as I have
seen, there are a lot of changes from
0.9.2 to 0.9.3 (especially HTML templates, markers). I started working with
a 0.9.3 version from
http://typo3xdev.sourceforge.net/ which is quite buggy (e.g. teaser images
are not resized at all, not even
default size). Downgrading to 0.9.2 produced a lot more problems than it
solved (well, the teasers are resized
with 0.9.2).
As far a I understand, the files on 3xdev are nightly builds with absolutely
no guarantee that they are
working, correct?

Tnx for any input!

Greetings from Switzerland