[TYPO3-commerce] XClassing not everywhere possible

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun Oct 7 12:42:09 CEST 2007

Hi list,

commerce provides a huge collection of hook, which is quite nice, but
sometimes you need to add additional features or have to change some
default processing where no hooks are provided, or hooks in general
don't make sense. So it's time for xclassing - but I noticed that
commerce can't be xclassed in every aspect, because it uses several
times a 'direct' create of new class objects (like f.e. for
basket_items, prices, etc.).

So I would recommend to change those calles to
t3lib_div::makeInstance('classname') and handle the needed parameters
not directly to the constructor, but to the init-methods, which every
class also provides. Tested this with basket_items, and it works.

Shall I write a bugreport for that?

--
Kind regards,
Franz