[TYPO3-commerce] Speeding up commerce?

Fri Oct 5 17:06:27 CEST 2007

Hi Franz,
> Hi,
>
> does anybody else have speed issues with commerce? It's sooooooo slow.
> Even my local version (WindowsXP, php5, mysql5 + query cache, typo3
> 4.1.2, 2GB RAM, Athlon64 3800+ X2 Duo) is slower than a snail. Having a
> look at my processes, I see that mysql is taking most of the processor
> resources while apache idles. I activated the slow-query log and noticed
> that static-currencies is a little slow and improved the indexes there.
>
> But that didn't bring very much. Then I noticed that there are called
> from 180 up to 1300 (or more) queries. Over thousand only seem to appear
> on a freshly cleared cache. But on regular shop pages (on first hit)
> there sometimes also are up to 600 queries. So I tried to optimize some
> more indexes - I mostly added visibility related fields to a new
> index-key (starttime,endtime,hidden,deleted,fe_group) - but the
> speedgain was not as good as expected - the site is still veeeeery slow,
> as it takes up to 10 seconds to create a page (even a blank page with no
> product on it and only the category navigation).
>
> I really don't get it why it is still so slow. Does anybody have any
> idea or a similar slow shop setup?

Our Shops are running without any problems, and without speed problems.
The MySQL Problems looks like a cartesian product. Could you please
start the slow query log and post your results here?
Could you also give some figures on your installation (amount of
products, categories, attributes ...) and installed extensions?

Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung