[TYPO3-commerce] subcategories and products on one page

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Oct 2 11:56:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

>> I have 2 levels of categories in my shop and the top categories can be
>> selected from a menu.
>>
>> Now I would like to show all subcategories and products on one page
>> like this:
>>
>> subcategory 1
>>  - productnumber | product name | price | add to basket
>>  - productnumber | product name | price | add to basket
>>  - productnumber | product name | price | add to basket
>> subcategory 2
>>  - productnumber | product name | price | add to basket
>>  - productnumber | product name | price | add to basket
>>  - productnumber | product name | price | add to basket
>>
>> Do I need to change the template or can it be set from typoscript?
>>
>> /Brian Bendtsen
>
> Is this not possible? Or do you want me to clarify my problem?

sorry, but isn't that the default setting? At least there is a marker
called '###CATEGORY_ITEM_PRODUCTLIST###' that should render the products
just like you want it. So I guess it's your TS-configuration.

Try to set the following in TS:
----
plugin.tx_commerce_pi1 {
	groupProductsByCategory = 1
	hideProductsInList = 0
}
----

That's my answer for the problem after 1 minute having a look inside the
sourcecode - or let's better say, after doing a 10 second search over
the sourcecode of commerce for the mentioned marker. Sometimes the
sourcecode is simply the best documentation - it might be hard at the
beginning, but once you're used to it, it's so much faster and you learn
a lot of it.
This is not against you in person, so sorry if it sounds like it, but
sometimes I'm asking myself if guys posting here really tried to find a
solution or are just to lazy to get their hands dirty and finally have
to really work for the money they get from their customers for the
project. I also had to work hard for learning it, and most of the spent
time for learning it was unpaid spare time. I really like to help, but I
got to have the feeling that the person is willing to work for it.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch