[TYPO3-commerce] Some little suggestions for the wiki page and some whining...

Michiel Roos [Netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Mon Oct 1 14:08:43 CEST 2007

Hi Ian,

Ian Solo schreef:
> Those are some little suggestions for the wiki page (please, correct me
> if i'm wrong):
>

> 1.
> This installation procedure is loosely based on:
> http://www.sk-typo3.de/Shop-aufsetzen-mit-commerce-Quickt.286.0.html
>
> The word "loosely" made me think that the wiki tutorial was worst than
> the quicktut one.
>
> It should be better to write it in the way you answered me:
> This installation procedure is a translation (with some differences) of
> the german quick tutorial:
> http://www.sk-typo3.de/Shop-aufsetzen-mit-commerce-Quickt.286.0.html

I propose to just lose the word 'loosely'.

> 2.
> The "Create a page tree" section should be more clear in this way (i
> added some "insert plugin" stuffs):
>
> Shop        <-- shop root site
>   Products  <-- insert plugin "Commerce: Product Listing"
>     detail  <-- product detail view (not in menu)
>   Basket    <-- insert plugin "Commerce: Basket"
>     empty   <-- page that is shown if the basket is empty (not in menu)
>   Checkout  <-- insert plugin "Commerce: Checkout" - this page shows the
> final overview for the purchased items (not in menu)
>     empty   <-- page that is shown if the checkout is empty (not in menu)
>   Invoice (not in menu)
>   Address management <-- insert plugin "Commerce: Address Managment" -
> address management for returning customers
>   Addresses          <-- container for address records (SysFolder)
>   User               <-- container for customers (SysFolder)

That is indeed more clear.

> 3.
> Is this page "detail  <-- product detail view (not in menu)" really needed?
> Isn't the product's detail shown in the Products page by the "Commerce:
> Product Listing" plugin?

Well, is it? Dit you test it?

> 4.
> Isn't the plug in "Commerce: Invoice" needed in the Invoice page?
> If it is, the line:
>   Invoice (not in menu)
> should be changed in:
>   Invoice  <-- insert plugin "Commerce: Invoice" - (not in menu)

Yes, it is. This should be changed.

> 5.
> In the "Create a TypoScript ext Template for commerce" section, in the
> "Setup" subpart an "m" is missing, line:
>     templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}checkout.tpl
> should be
>     templateFile = {$templatePathCommerce}checkout.tmpl

Check

> 6.
> Same former section, but "Constants" subpart, a reference to the
> manual.sxw should be useful to help understand what every constant is.
> Something like:
> Please, check the extension manual for more info about the former
> constants.

Yes, all the constants should be listed in a nice table.

> 7.
> Add some typoscript examples of categories/products navigation menu.
> Like those in the german quick tutorial.

That would be great. Looks like a cut and paste job.

I propose to continue this discussion here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Talk:Commerce

Please make the changes as you see fit. They all seem pretty sensible to me.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos