[TYPO3-commerce] api for import/export for products/articles, user and order data

Andreas Stauder stauder at stauder.ch
Fri Jul 27 17:02:24 CEST 2007

Hi all,

> Although we use flexforms to *display* the data, we store the data in
> the database (lot's of hooks are used to do this). The database is the
> only place for the data used for the frontend and the classes. So, if
> you don't need the backend module, you could just store the data in the
> database. In this case, if you go in the backend, the flexforms will be
> emtpy, and if you safe, your data is erased.
>
> Ricardo has written some api methods to build the flexform data out of
> the database, but I hav't had the time to check it. I could send you the
> data, unchecked.

does I understand right, that importing is done in 2 steps: first
"normal DB". After this the FE works. Secondly generating the flexforms
out of the "normal DB" and the BE works.

Is it not possible to generate the flexform always if the flexform is
loaded? I thought this is the main feature of dynaflex. There can come
some troubles if normal DB and flexform is not consistent (see for a
case http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5724 , where the "normal DB" is
filled right but not the flexform data, witch overrides after the
"normal DB").

I could spend some time the next two weeks to test/document/program the
import mechanism. If someone can send me existing code doing import I
try to assemble it and document all.

Best regards
Andreas