[TYPO3-commerce] removing dummy gateways

Joerg Sprung joerg.sprung at dev.null
Mon Feb 19 22:08:49 CET 2007

Hi Paul,

Paul Hansen wrote:
> I think we should consider removing all 'dummy' payment methods and
> implement only a sysdelivery/syspayment in Commerce so the checkout does
> work 'out of the box'.

The only one which isn't working at the moment is the paypal Class an
the debit Class is only usable in countries with the mandatory System ob
account number, Bank Identification Number, bank name and account
holder. The Actual Creditcard clearing is useable out of the box with
wirecard as Clearing institute. You only have to put your real data into
the Creditcardclass to work with Wirecard. I'll write some documentation
how to implement wirecard and how to create own clearings.

> Gateways should probably be implemented as separate extensions--because
> there are so many payment systems, and because they are subject to
> changes/instabilities that shouldn't be a part of the Commerce core.
> Management of each payment gateway's code would also be simplified;
> outdated gateways could be obsoleted in TER without becoming a support
> problem in Commerce. Thoughts?

I've discussed this point with ingo and we are with your opinion the
only right way  will be to put your own paymentmethods in own extensions.

Regards

Jörg