[TYPO3-commerce] No warning when buyproces halts because of email previously used

Stephan Viftrup sviftrup at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:48:18 CET 2007

Hello Ingo
Thank you for you reply

> Dear Stephan,
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> I discovered that when previous buyer returns and tries to buy a
>> product he can not enter his emailadress again (unless he is logged in
>> perhaps).  The process will halt when submitting the adress but no
>> error is shown.
>>
>> I wonder if it is something mission in the template (for testing i am
>> using the default template) or if it is an error or shortcoming in the
>> script?
>>
>> Good practice might be to offer the returning buyer a change to enter
>> the coresponding password without interferring with the checkout
>> process.
>>

> Just set your typoscript to:
> plugin.tx_commerce_pi3.billing.sourceFields.email.eval = email

As default that constant is set to "email,username". Do you suggest to
remove username?
This works fine as it allows for creation of multible users with the
same email adress.

However this is not always desired. If instead of allowing a new user
entry with an already used email, i want to inform the user that he is
trying to buy with an already registred email. And that he may choose
to login (and not lose the content of his cart) or provide another
email.

How would i succed in that?

Thank you

Stephan