[TYPO3-commerce] catmenu for second lang

Bas van der Togt bas.vander.togt at efocus.nl
Thu Dec 6 13:42:49 CET 2007

Franz Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Does anybody know how to use the following menu for a second language?
>
> sorry, I don't understand your question. Do you like to simply show the
> cat-menu in the currently selected FE language, or do you like to show
> the cat-menu twice on the same page, once in the default language and
> one in a different one?
>
> If you simply like to show the cat-menu in the selected FE language,
> then set the proper general TS vars for language handling
> (sys_language_uid etc, see Typo3 documentation) and translate the
> categories in the backend (see Typo3 documentation for how to translate
> records). That should be all you have to do.
>
> --
> Greetings,
> Franz

Hi Franz,

Thank you for your reply!

I translated all my categories in the backend.
However they are not showing on the frontend.
When i select my second language it does not show any category in the menu.

can you please give me an example how to implement the
'sys_language_uid' in my menu? Normally the HMENU is translated
automatically in the frontend, but not with this custom menu.

Hopefully you can help me!

kind regards,
Bas

MY menu:
obj.category_content = HMENU
obj.category_content {
	wrap = <ul>|</ul>
	special = userfunction
   special.userFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->init
   special {
   	// PID van categorie als startingpoint
     category = {$plugin.tx_commerce_lib.catUid}
     // Activeer om producten in menu te tonen
     showProducts = 0
     // PID van pagina met product listing
     overridePid = {$plugin.tx_commerce_lib.overridePid}
	}

   1 = TMENU
   1 {
     expAll = 0
     noBlur = 1
     NO {
     	allWrap = <li>|</li>
     }
	}

   2 < .1

   3 < .2

   1.itemArrayProcFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->clear
   2.itemArrayProcFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->clear
   3.itemArrayProcFunc = user_tx_commerce_catmenu_pub->clear
}