[TYPO3-commerce] What do you think: How good is commerce?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Dec 6 13:06:43 CET 2007

Hi Daniel,

> I like typo3 and I´m wondering if I should implement a shop with the
> commerce extension, but I don´t know if it`s a good Idea.
>
> What is your experience?
> What are the main shortcomings of commerce?
> What is better than in other shops?
>
> Thanks for your answers!

Well, the answers to your questions depend on which kind of products you
like to sell. Commerce is very flexible, but also a bit more complex
then other shops I think. But I can't really tell, because I only used
commerce so far and didn't have a look at any other Typo3 shop system.

I like the flexibility of commerce, the attribute-stuff is a nice and
handy feature. The handling of products and categories could be better -
but it's ok. A overall flexible import-feature is currently missing.
There is one available from Alex, but it doesn't suite everybody's
needs. I coded a import tool myself, but it's also a bit to specialized
to my customers needs.

--
Greetings,
Franz