[TYPO3-commerce] Refresh on commerce speedup?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Dec 6 12:54:16 CET 2007

Hi Axel,
> Hi, there was a little discussion on speeding up the commerce system some
> time ago.
> Some thoughts where very helpful, but after setting up some indexes the
> system is
> nearly as slow as before.
>
> Franz did you manage to speed up your system? Was a change to a different
> table
> type successful?

no, unfortunately not. But as I wrote somewhere, the speed can be
increased by some better cache handling. Currently the basked-hash is
added to every URL and taken into account in the cache generation. But
the basket-hash is individual for EVERY visitor, so every visitor will
generate it's own cached version of a page, which is totally nonsense,
as every hit triggers Typo3 to build the page almost from scratch as far
as I see it. I changed the basket-hash in my installation (xclass of
basic_basket class) to a hash-value based on the fe_users usergroup and
discount-settings I use in my shop, so that any other fe_user with same
settings get's served precached page. But this means, that you are not
able to show the amount of article added to the basket in the input
fields of list and detail view, like the default template does (due to
wrong caching).
That was at least a little improvement, but it's still not the fastest.

--
Greetings,
Franz