[TYPO3-commerce] $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache() --> bad practice --> why using it?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Aug 29 13:30:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just downloaded the nightly build from SVN today, installed it and
noticed that it became slower. Then I noticed that my shop-pages don't
get cached anymore. After some research I found out, that commerce
really often uses the very bad '$GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache()'.

Why do you do that? Why prevent caching of the complete page and not
only of the extension itself? Setting the extension to USER_INT would be
a far better solution in that case.

Or splitting up the pi1 module in two modules - one cached singleView
and a USER_INT listView.

Or maybe implement the TS-Switch from JoH for dynamically making the
extension USER or USER_INT.

Everything is better then using '$GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache()' which
is the worst thing you can do. Actually, there is currently a big
discussion in cache-handling over in the dev-list. Maybe you should take
a look there.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch