[TYPO3-commerce] article search in FE

Mon Aug 27 10:35:59 CEST 2007

Hi Franz,

> Hi Ingo,
>
>>> is there somewhere a little FE search-functionality for articles
>>> hidden in the SVN? Or is such a feature planned? I was thinking of a
>>> search-engine with selectable search-modes:
>>> - search for article-number / ean
>>> - search for attribute
>>> - search for prices from/to
>>> - search for string in description/title/teaser
>>>
>> We don't have such a feature in the SVN right now.
>

> Is it planned? Or would it be interesting for you to implement such a
> feature as part of commerce (pi7 or what ever)?

Would be cool to have it in the core, if you do want to implement it, we
should talk about the technical implementation. We could also help with
a test case of 60.000 Products.

>>> If this is not planned I might be willing to contribute that feature
>>> - but I would need some help from you for the best practice of
>>> searching different stuff, because I saw that you use your own
>>> db-wrapper or something like that.
>>>
>> We do have objects for the complete output, but if you do want to
>> implemet a search, you may will to go to the database. If you want to
>> use the methods, you'll have to instantiate to much objects, and this
>> would slow down your machine.
>>
>> But if you have resolved successfully the articles and products, you
>> want to render for the output, you'll should use the objects, to have
>> an easy rendering.. Here you might have a look at the pibase and the
>> method
>> renderProductsForList which renders a product list of a given list of
>> product uids.
>

> Ok, thanks. Yes, I also think a direct SQL-query would be better.

Or building a Database table as index to the products to qeury this
table. Is much faster and you could (MySQl) use fulltext.

ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung