[TYPO3-commerce] article search in FE

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun Aug 26 11:18:06 CEST 2007

Hi Volker,

> have a look here:
>
>> is there somewhere a little FE search-functionality for articles
>> hidden in the SVN? Or is such a feature planned? I was thinking of a
>> search-engine with selectable search-modes:
>> - search for article-number / ean
>> - search for attribute
>> - search for prices from/to
>> - search for string in description/title/teaser
>
> https://www.takeaday.de/erlebnisfinder.html?no_cache=1

hmm - the no_cache parameter is not the best solution - but I guess you
know.

> what we build here is an own plugin, depending on commerce_pi1,
> where we built the article/product list with
> a) an ux for index_search for fulltextsearch (you can return only the
> showUid from commerce
> b) AttributeSearch with getArticleByAttributeMatrix

I haven't found that one in the commerce source. Are you sure about this
method?

> c) Price Search with getArticleByPrice
>
> and render it like the normal commerce Display.

If I get you right - your own plugin uses a call to a xclassed
indexed_search internally which only returns the uids. These are then
rendered by an internal instance of commerce_pi1?
1. How do you instantiate pi1 correctly?
2. How do you tell commerce_pi1 to only show the uids from the
    search-result?
3. How do you combine different search modes? Do you execute all
    of them and check which uid's match in all of the results?
4. I never had a look at indexed_search - any more details in which
    methods I have to hook/xclass in?

Could you give a little bit more details here please? Unfortunately I
only have a very small budget (a little miscalculation) looking at the
features that have to be added "by hand" and the time I have to find out
how everything works.

Thanks a lot.

--
Kind regards,