[TYPO3-commerce] Commerce: a big disappointment

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 21 10:45:59 CEST 2007

Hi!

ingo schmitt wrote:
> Did you had a look in the doc/commerce_quickinstall.txt ?

No, I read manual through typo3.org. I did not know there is something
else. Manual did not mention that file and normally I go to read manual
because this is what extension is supposed to have...

> We are currently looking for a sponsorship to have the possibility to
> work on the manual and the missing "features" in commerce. We think a
> complete and good manual would be quite huge job, so we need at least a
> sponsoring of 2000,-- Euro, we havn't raised 5% of it yet.
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5456

It would be hard to find that big funds with just a BT entry. May be you
can put this somehow to typo3.org main page? This extension is one of
topmost importance among others because it makes typo3 a commerce
application.

> If someone is willing to write this manual, he or she is still invited
> to Duesseldorf or Hamburg to get the complete support from Volker or me
> to implement a shop and write a manual. Just raise your hands..

Well, if I ever get knowledge of how to work with commerce, I would
definitely make a set of flash tutorials. I am used to make them and I
am not bored by such tasks. The only problem is knowledge ;)

You, as developers, do not have to do it if there is someone else who
can do it. But you must pass knowledge in some way.

> Yes, this is also postponed, since we have customer jobs to work for.
> Maybe i shold point the www pointer to the doc.typo3-commerce.org page :-/

Well, better would be a simple index.html that says: "Site is under
construction. Meanwhile you can looks to the Commerce <a
href="http://doc.typo3-commerce.org/">documentation</a>". This way
people will know that site is not dead and there is still something to
look at.

<private>Ingo, it seems that you are not getting my e-mails. I sent you
response to the first one on Sunday and will send another one later
today. If you do not get it by the end of day, contact me on skype at
day time, please. My skype number is below at the signature</private>

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/