[TYPO3-commerce] Default Tax ?

Tue Apr 17 18:33:53 CEST 2007

Hi Luc,

> Hello List,
>
> Is it possible to have a default value for Tax that is used in Article ?
> I tryed with putting a default in the article TCA tax->config->default = 1
> but it didn't seemed to work.
>
> Any Ideas ?

currently we don't have something link a default tax, since in many
countries different tax values are existing for certain product ranges.

We have diskussed the a feature of a default tax, but we have skipped
this, as it would be quite a complex feature. Imagine, if you have a
default TAX in the extension configuration, and this tax is changed, you
have to implement a mechanism to change every tax value in every
article. This could be very complex, since you might not to change the
value of old articles. A "simple feature" to set a default by the
extensipon configuration ist only the halve way, but is this enough for you?

Regards

Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung