[TYPO3-commerce] domain names in attributes or comments

Tue Apr 3 10:19:23 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,
> no you understood me wrong
>
> i have a whois-script (domain-query-script) running which gaves me a
> domainname over cookie. the customers order domainnames from my shop.
> now i must note down this domainname with in the order, so that i know
> which domain the customer ordered.

Ah. Ok.

> can i put the cookie into a variable, and the varible one the attributen
> or comment follow? or how and where i solve this?

First of all: You can't change an attribute, as it's changed for the
article database. Thus, if you change a attribute, it will be changed
also for the next orders.

So, the best think would be, to add an aditional field to the basket and
add code to the "add to basket" method (via a hook) to fill in the name
into the basket. In the finish method you'll have to add this
information to the order dataset.

To implement this, you'll hav to digg into the existing hooks of
commerce (see /doc/hooklist.txt)

Regards

ingo
Ingo

Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung