[TYPO3-caretaker] Notification regarding insecure extension versions

Marcus Krause marcus.krause at typo3.org
Thu Mar 28 11:07:03 CET 2013

Dear users of caretaker monitoring,

in the past we, the TYPO3 Security Team, were unable to mark all
vulnerable extension versions insecure. A bug in the TER infrastructure
[1] caused this. In the last days a typo3.org code sprint took place [2]
which fixed this bug. Thank you guys.

When you have been affected:
Given an extension "extkey" with published versions 0.1.0, 0.1.1, 0.2.0,
0.2.1, 0.3.0 and 0.3.1. When versions 0.3.0 and below have reported
security vulnerabilities we might have been only able to mark 0.3.0 and
0.2.1 insecure.
You, having deployed e.g. 0.2.0, would not have been notified by the
caretaker and were only aware of when you actively checked your
deployments on basis of the published advisory.

Only following TER extensions are affected which have insufficiently
marked extension versions insecure:
* ameos_formidable
* attacalendar
* ch_lightem
* cms_poll
* cooluri
* dcdgooglemap
* div2007
* fed
* fe_mail
* gw_todo_fe
* h_book
* js_css_optimizer
* kh_photoweb
* kk_csv2table
* lonewsseo
* mn_mysql2json
* myquizpoll
* onetimeaccount
* onet_randomcontent
* pd_churchsearch
* phpunit
* powermail
* push2rss_3ds
* seminars
* sm_pageimprovements
* sr_static_info
* static_info_tables
* sys_messages
* t3jquery
* ve_guestbook

As the bug is now fixed, we are now marking all affected versions of above
mentioned extensions insecure. Depending on whether you are using the
mentioned extensions and in which version, your caretaker will notify you
about the changes.

Thank you for your understanding,
Marcus Krause on behalf of the TYPO3 Security Team.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39640
[2]
http://typo3.org/news/article/what-did-the-guys-do-at-the-last-typo3org-code-sprint/

--