[TYPO3-caretaker] Notification strategy configuration - details?

Tobias Liebig tobias.liebig at typo3.org
Mon Nov 28 09:55:39 CET 2011

Hej Søren,

Am 28.11.2011 um 09:27 schrieb Søren Malling:
> Are there any details available on the Notification Strategy Configuration syntax?

Currently there is no documentation available for the "Advanced Notifications" and its configuration. I started to write a short blog article, how to use and configure the notification strategies giving some examples. But i think it will still take some days to finish. I'll give you a note on this!

In short:
You write at least one "strategy" (a "strategy" record in list module) and assign it to a node or group. The configuration is "typescript-ish" as you already figured out.
Each strategy base a set of "rules". Each rule consists of some "conditions" and one or more "exit"s (exit points).
These exit point are responsible to send out the actual notification, e.g. by mail, file or jabber.
Each exitpoint must be configured with a "exit point" record.

In "EXT:caretaker/classes/services/notifications/advanced/ demoConfig.txt" you will find a sample strategy configuration.

In the other thread you asked, how to extend the notification and/or implement your own notificatios. You definitely want to use the "advanced notifications" and implement your own "exitpoint".

If you don't mind to dig into some code, in "EXT:caretaker/classes/services/notifications/advanced/" you'll find anything regarding the adv. notifications and the currently available exitpoints.

hope this helps for the start. if you have any questions, drop me a note.

i hope i can/will finish the article in the next week.

regards
   tobias