[TYPO3-caretaker] Caretaker sends no emails

Nina nina.pinkowski at scanlitho.de
Thu Oct 28 11:20:11 CEST 2010

Am 21.10.2010 um 16:40 schrieb Pim Snel:

>Did you test if your mail sending works at all. All 4.4.x still
>can't send mail if PHP is running in safe-mode. A patch is available
>in the typo3 forge.

>regards.,
>Pim

Hello Pim,

I use Typo3 4.3 and TYPO3 is sending Emails, only the Caretaker not.
-------------------------------------

Am 22.10.2010 um 08:31 schrieb Daniel Lorenz:

>Hallo,

>I confirm this problem. Sending emails from Install-Tool works fine.
>Both, as plain text and html messages. I search in phpinfo() for
>safe_mode, because I was not sure about its state. On my virtual test
>machine the save_mode is deactivated ("off").

>CU Daniel

Hello Daniel,

the save_mode on my server is "off" too.

---------------------------------------
>Hello Nina, Pim, Daniel,

>did you add roles to your Contacts? And did you also select the roles
>which shall recieve mail-notifications in the ext-mgm configuration.
>Since we configure roles on our systems it is possible that the
>notifications do'nt work without roles. That would be a bug.

>In general the only the testnodes send notifications so the code above
>is not important for the currently existing notification services.

>Regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

I have added a role to the contact. But dont understand the connection
between the two.
I wrote the "Unique identifier" of the role in the ext-mgm
configuration.

The "Planer-Test-Task" in the scheduler sends an mail.
All Caretaker tasks dont send mails, although there are errors that
should be notificed.
If i refresh a node under Caretaker->Overview no mail is send too.

Greetings Nina