[TYPO3-caretaker] Selenium was: Re: Welcome

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 22:42:19 CET 2010

Am 07.02.10 18:21, schrieb Georg Kuehnberger:
> Ahoi Martin,
>
>> This extension provides an integration of selenium test-servers wich
>> are created as TYPO3-Records and a selenium testservice which is
>> running testservices in a custom configuration-language.
>>
>> Selenium Test Syntax:
>> selenium_command: Comment when this step fails
>> - argument 1
>> - argument 2
>> next_selenium_command: ....
>> Additionall you add @resetTimer @startTime and @stopTimer commands
>> between selenium commands which will influence the timetracking for
>> the result value and the warning and error-time evaluation.
>> So please share your feedback and ideas with us.
>> Regards, Martin
>
> I meanwhile found the time to successfully test the selenium
> functionality with the selenese format described above - a few small
> tests worked out fine.
>
> However two questions arose while testing:
>
> 1.) How you do you guys create your tests and convert it into this
> special format. So far we create our tests with Selenium IDE and eigther
>  ran them via Selenium-Core (HTML SELENESE) or via Selenium-Server with
> the generated PHP code.
> Question arising is: how do you convert your tests into the special
> format required by caretaker-selenium?

Hi Georg,

we use a selenium IDE-Format Configuration File which is included in the
lib Folder of the caretaker_selenium extension. Afterwards we use the
Firefox Selenium IDE for creating the Tests.

> 2.) We normaly structure our tests so that certain parts like
> reset-test-env, login, logout are written only once and included by each
> single functional test. Do you see a chance to to do the same for the
> caretaker selenium-tests ?

Do you mean you have external parts inside the tests? I have no clue yet
how to do this but it should be perfectly possible. For instance we
could add an include file statement to the test-configuration.

Regards Martin