[TYPO3-caretaker] Syslog on each installation to be fetched into caretaker server

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Tue Dec 7 10:58:24 CET 2010

Am 30.11.10 11:17, schrieb Søren Malling:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Our usecase is not isolated to changes in TypoScript, but also in
> flexforms, HTML files, css files etc.
>
> But your idea made me think, and I hope you will give some feedback on
> this thought as well:
>
> Create a caretaker services, getting rows from the sys_log table on a
> TYPO3 instance. On the instance, you can have a log extension, where
> you "reserves" your own type for the "type" field in sys_log. In the
> caretaker service configuration, your can configure what levels of
> sys_log entries you would like to have it return.
>
> Am I still moving at a spot, where caretaker isn't ment to go?

Hi Søren,

you can make caretaker do what you want but thats no feature we will add to the
caretaker-core since that does not fit in our main scope. You can write a custom extension
that extends caretaker and uses the caretaker_instance operations and crypto. I think you
will also have to add a new ExtJS panel to the caretaker backend or register a second
Backend Module. All that is definitly possible. So go for it, i would like to hear wether
you were successfull.

Regards, Martin