[TYPO3-calendar] Migration to FAL

Bernd Pier macbepepi at me.com
Wed Aug 31 15:26:28 CEST 2016

Am 30.08.16 um 04:58 schrieb Klaus Bossert:
> Hi folks,
>
> i ran into a problem with the migration to FAL.
> My users uploaded lots of event pictures containing multiple dots in the
> filename like e.g.:
>
> 29.8.16_picture1.jpg
> 1.8.2016_picture2.jpg ... and so on
>
> These files are left out by the update wizard and stay in the
> upload-folder.
>
> As the huge numer of more than 250 files keeps me from updating the
> website to 6.2, I am very intrested in any hint or idea of how to solve
> this...
>
> Thanks,
> Klaus

my idea:
if your system is linux you can do a search for . and replace with lets
say _. Then you can search for _jpg and replace with .jpg. this will
alter the files to this
29_8_16_picture1.jpg
now i think you had to correct the files in the database.

first you had to look in which tables those files are stored.
then you can write a php script that reads each row from the table or
tables and do the same search and replace as in the terminal.

clear every cache you can clear and see if everything is fine ;-)

best

bernd