[TYPO3-calendar] FE Unable to Create Events

Hanspeter Lutz hanspeter.lutz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:18:42 CEST 2015

Hi everybody

Since weeks I try to set up the frontend editting. I use cal 1.10.0. Does anybody out there has managed to set FE up and running?

My problem:

When I try to create an event (with the newest templates being used) the confirm view is always coming up again.

When debugging the code, I see that the TS variable "tx_cal_controller.view.dontShowConfirmView" must be set to 1. Without this variable been set, the method "saveEvent()" will never be called.

When I set the above mentioned variable, the call to saveEvent() is executed, but it crashes in the ModelController::saveEvent(), because the parameter "type" (which comes from $conf['type'] is empty and the service cannot be found. I didn't find out where this type should come from.

My questions:
1) Why am I forced to set tx_cal_controller.view.dontShowConfirmView=1? I want the confirm view.
2) Where does the $conf['type'] come from?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Kind regards
Hanspeter