[TYPO3-calendar] german characterset on ics-import

Ralph Stephan mendicus at gmx.de
Thu May 7 10:46:05 CEST 2015

Hi Mario,

the ics file is definitely utf-8 coded. I checked it through watching
the file with a hexeditor.

The Database is not using utf-8. I guess that is the problem.

If I put a config.renderCharset = utf-8 to the site-TSsetup all entries
from the database are correctly converted to german characters. But at
the same time all menuentries containing german chars are shown with
wrong character-decoding. So either the calendartexts are correct or the
menuentries are correct, but not both at the same time :-(

So I maybe have to convert some more tables to utf-8. Explicitely these
containing the menuentries. Is there any other possibility for solving
this issue?

regards Ralph