[TYPO3-calendar] Overriding static ts possible ? tx_cal_controller

Martin Koppelaar hagipro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 16:29:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

First off, like to introduce a bit, Martin (The Netherlands) 40 y/o working as a php frontend developer for many years now. Started as vb developer switched to VB.NET to C# created a commercially sold CRM for my own company, more recently switch to plugin / extension / template development for Joomla, WordPress and started Typo3 since a year now. Learned extbase and got the Typo3 virus recently.

Seems to me (with my prior experience) as soon as you 'get typo3' you really want to get into it.

Felt like it would be as polite to give this introduction as this is the first post ever.

I've been working with tx_cal_controller (cal) to make it work and with a lot of digging into forums almost fixed every question. But one ...

In the ext/cal/static/ts there is a setup.txt that says:

# @description	Content object for the event start date
startdate = TEXT
startdate  {
        current = 1
	#dataWrap = <div>%%%STARTDATE_LABEL%%%:  |</div>
	dataWrap = <div>|</div>
}

Looking around I see people are able to overwrite this behaviour like so:

plugin.tx_cal_controller.view.event.event.startdate.dataWrap = <div class="myclass">|</div>

My template includes setup and I used this but it didn't work. Also tried putting this line in constants and/or setup of my template TS but also didn't work.

As a test, I've put this in my setup.ts of my template, the constants.ts together with placing it in the template TS constants setup but no matter where I put this, it never works.

As said, it's only recently I really dived into Typo3 so please don't feel bad about my ignorance if this is something obvious ;-)

Other things do work. In the template I am creating I have this in my templates setup.ts :

plugin.tx_cal_controller._LOCAL_LANG.nl.l_event_startdate = Test

which works and also

plugin.tx_cal_controller.view.event.eventModelTemplate = EXT:my_ext/...

I have looked in the Typoscript object browser and I see my custom dataWrap right there in setup. So it looks okay but nothing happens.

Am I overlooking cache ? Should I change some magic value somewhere ... I'm at a loss ;-)

Kind regards,
Martin