[TYPO3-calendar] What is startPointCorrection and endPointCorrection and what's a valid use-case for them?

Mario Matzulla mario at matzullas.de
Tue Mar 5 21:40:23 CET 2013

Hi Simon,

Am 05.03.13 15:03, schrieb Simon Schick:
> Hi, all
>
> I had a quite long time debugging why none of my events were showing up.
> Some of the events had no calendar that was related ... and events without
> calendar aren't visible at all ..
>
> Another reason was, that there was a value at the startPointCorrection and
> endPointCorrection ...
> What are these two values for and in what unit is the number I write?
> Can you please show me a use-case for that?

Imagine a month view containing 2 small month views next to it (prev and
next month). In such a case only the actual (current/main) month would
get filled with event, because the query would contain the first day of
the month as start and last day as end of the period to search for events.
In such a case you want to extend the search period by one month in each
direction (to get the events of the prev and next month). That's where
the start- and endPointCorrection is needed. The value is in seconds.

Does that make sense?

Regards,
Mario