[TYPO3-calendar] cal and ajax

Christoph Pönighaus christoph at poenighaus.de
Wed Dec 4 11:16:38 CET 2013

Hi!

I'm searching a solution, to realize an "intranet-calender" for a
school. Today we use cal for a public calendar without frontend
editing. But in future every teacher should be able to create events
via frontend. The nearly 100 teachers are organized in different
groups, every group will have different rights to see or create events
with special categories.

Testing this setup brings up two questions:

1. Does cal work fast enough? Could it be faster using the calajax
extension (until now I can't get it to work: e.g. the monthview loads
and loads and loads ...)? Any other solutions to make it faster?

2. Do you know solutions to realize frontend editing google like? For
example it would be very nice to create events via drag and drop in
week- or monthview.

Many thanks and best regards
Christoph