[TYPO3-calendar] cal 1.3.2 + TYPO3 4.5.25 bug?

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Mon Apr 8 21:54:59 CEST 2013

Hi Jan,

Am 07.04.2013 23:02, schrieb Jan Kornblum:
>> Uh-Oh. This version is more than just a bit outdated. How did you
>> manage to make it work with TYPO3 4.5? We've spent some hours to make
>> cal 1.4 compatible with TYPO3 4.5...
> I know ;) Maybe it is running on 4.5. LTS because just basic features of
> cal are used in my case?

Maybe, but afair we had some serious trouble with 4.5 release. I simply
can't imagine; maybe except that you really use only standard events,
with recurrence, ... Anyway, something is broken for pre-1.4 releases -
thank for pointing this out!

>> Maybe you can help us to find out why such an old version is cal is
>> used for such a long period? Is there any technical reason or just "I
>> wasn't enforced to upgrade..."
> You are right that this old version has been used for a too long period
> ;) My intention was to upgrade cal to a current version in one step with
> upgrading TYPO3 from 4.5 LTS to 6.2 LTS (when 6.2 LTS will be released).

Ooooops ;-) You really like challenges, don't you?

> But i don't know if there will be a 6.2 LTS compatible cal version near
> to the date when 6.2 LTS will be released?

Hopefully, yes. As for today, I cannot see major problems with TYPO3 6.0
and cal, so I hope that 6.2 LTS won't bring too many changes.

 > And if it will be possible at
> all to perform the cal upgrade without having too many problems (changed
> database structure, changed templates, changed configuration, etc.)

Switching from any pre-1.4 version to cal 1.5.x needs several changes
because the templates changed completely, and the handling of recurring
events is now much smarter and with better performance. In my opinion,
you should definitly do this work before switching to any TYPO3 6.x
release.

> So would you suggest to first upgrade cal from 1.3.1 to the current
> version on 4.5 LTS (will this be difficult or possible at all?) and
> doing the "big step" to 6.2 LTS together with another cal upgrade
> seperately?

Yes! TYPO3 6.x has enough surprises and changes both for administration
and for user handling. I'm pretty sure that you don't want to get all
changes at the same time :-)

Regards,

Thomas