[TYPO3-calendar] cal 1.3.2 + TYPO3 4.5.25 bug?

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Sun Apr 7 22:06:27 CEST 2013

Hi Jan,

Am 07.04.2013 19:46, schrieb Jan Kornblum:
> after updating TYPO3 from 4.5.22 to 4.5.25 i am getting an internal
> server error when i extend the tx_ca_event table in web -> list module
> (to display [1 - 100+] records). cal is version 1.3.2.

Uh-Oh. This version is more than just a bit outdated. How did you manage
to make it work with TYPO3 4.5? We've spent some hours to make cal 1.4
compatible with TYPO3 4.5...

> After clicking on the [1 - 100+] icon, the frame loads and loads for
> more than 30 seconds, finally aborted with an internal server error. In
> my case there are only few 400 event records, so a too big database
> isn't the problem... server settings like php memory and script
> execution time are set enough, so this can also not be the cause...

I'm pretty sure that we've had something like this. But I'm afraid that
I can't remember the details...

> Changing the TYPO3 sources back to 4.5.22 everything works fine and fast
> as always...
> Can anybody confirm this? Has anybody any ideas?

Sorry, I can't confirm it (yet) since my dev system currently is messed up.

But my first idea is to upgrade cal to a supported version :-)
cal 1.3.x is more or less untestable since we've made tons of changes in
the last years...

> P.S. Somebody else from the German newsgroups has got exactly the same
> problem...

Maybe you can help us to find out why such an old version is cal is used
for such a long period? Is there any technical reason or just "I wasn't
enforced to upgrade..."

Regards,

Thomas