[TYPO3-calendar] Create events in past failure

Josef Oberniedermaier josef.oberniedermaier at web.de
Mon Oct 1 20:29:24 CEST 2012

"Thomas Kowtsch"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1349033924.12545.typo3-project-calendar at lists.typo3.org...

Hi Josef,

On 30.09.2012 20:37, Josef Oberniedermaier wrote:
> Seems that there is no older version installed.
[...]
> The oldest version i found was cal 1.4.0.
> There it is the same.

OK, if it doesn't work with 1.4.x  it doesn't make much sense to check
more in history.

For sake of completeness of documentation: There are two major things
that cal does:
- Check if event-creation in the past is allowed (to show the create
event links)
- Check if a given date date is valid (using a rule parser)

But: The rule parser does not know about the inPast - setting. It checks
only the validation rules without any exceptions...

So, while waiting for my patch you could unset the
*.[start|end].constrain.* settings that validate for rule "after" with
"now"

But: This disables the check completely during saving event data. If all
of your users are allowed to do so this is maybe the fastest way...?

Regards,
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

thanks a lot for your help.
I changed the *.[start|end].constrain.* settings how you described it.
Now it works.
Once again: thanks.

Best regards,

Josef