[TYPO3-calendar] Non-admin BE users can create events, but cal "loses" category information

Michael Maurer maurer at infosys.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 17 09:46:14 CET 2012

Hi,

I have come accross strange behavior of the calender extension, when
non-admin BE users create events. The events are shown in the BE, but
not in the FE - even after deleting the cache. As an admin there is no
such problem, events appear normally.

For the non-admin BE users, I have granted rights to the start/end date
and time fields, the category, where they can choose from several
preconfigured ones, and the description field. The interesting thing is
that when I open an event created by non-admin BE users everything is
shown normally, but when I just save&close it again, the category
information disappears (no category is set any more), but all other
fields keep their values. When I now as an admin set the category again
and save, everything works as it should.

The events are not shown, because I only show events with categories,
and somehow cal does not really recognize the category, even though it
shows them at first in the BE.

Thus, my question is: How can cal "lose" the category information set by
non-admin BE users?

In the setup, I have the following:

plugin.tx_cal_controller.view {
  list.listTemplate = fileadmin/template/main/res/cal/list.tmpl
  event.phpicalendarEventTemplate = fileadmin/template/main/res
/cal/phpicalendar_event.tmpl
  list.enableCategoryWrapper = 1
  list.categoryWrapper.10.wrap = <tr><td colspan="3"><h3>|</h3></td></tr>
  list.event.description.crop >
  list.event.description.stripHtml = 0
  list.pageBrowser.recordsPerPage = 100
}