[TYPO3-calendar] cal's next release: v1.5

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Thu Feb 2 21:58:56 CET 2012

All,

during a longer discussion with Mario, we tried to find an other way of
release planning.

In the past, the release somewhen was declared "finished", with lots of
new features, bugfixes, new bugs, ...
But: We could not say when this release would be finished, we had a
large number of changes in that required us to release 3 bugfixing
versions and it was sometimes hard to answer questions b/c so many
things changed between stable TER version and current dev snapshot.

Thus, we will try to create smaller packages, with a scheduled date,
less work packages and some kind of focus topic.

Our first attempt is release version 1.5. [1] It is planned for release
by mid of May 2012 with focus on Frontend-related issues and several
kinds of integration topics. This does not mean that no other topics can
be covered, but new upcoming issues need to be checked compared to this
topic. We already assigned lots of issues to this release version, but
"should have" issues are subject to be moved to another release for sake
of scheduled release date [2].

We are not sure if this will work in the way we hope, if not we need
some more iterations and learning cycles.

In any case, we appreciate your feedback, any contribution [3] and a
large portion of inspiration of sharing :-)

Regards,

Thomas

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/versions/show/1377
[2] Sponsoring special issues might help to get them pushed...
[3] Testing, writing Documentation, Howtos, submitting patches, helping
to answer questions in the newsgroup/mailing list, ...