[TYPO3-calendar] new category handling

Dr. Christoph Hermann hermann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 18 17:14:34 CET 2012

Bart Gijswijt wrote:

Hello,

> The new, stricter handling of categories in cal 1.5 renders our setup of
> the cal extension rather useless.

Same here. We are using the categories to display different calendar entries
on different pages. So if someone is only interested in calendar entries
about Category A, he looks at page A. If he's interested in B, on page B and
so on. Of course there are calendar entries that relate to A and B and we
need these to show up on both pages, but not on page C.

> I am wondering what the thoughts of the team are behind this change. Now
> that both ways of category handling have been built, maybe it's a small
> change to keep them both and offer the choice to the editors in the
> plugin: whether to use AND or OR logic when combining categories - just
> like tt_news does.

+1

We were required to downgrade the plugin because this change breaks our
website.

An easy way to fix this would be to introduce additional category modes.
Please :-)

regards
Christoph Hermann

--