[TYPO3-calendar] flexible saveEventToPid?

Martin Keller martin at salsa.de
Wed May 25 15:31:02 CEST 2011

which brings me to the next step - creating a hook-extension "mk_calsavepid"
with two basic files.
The concept behind the extension is to post-process a stored event to move
it to a different pid. I hope I will find all neccesary data in $this. This
is why I do the t3lib_div::debug().

ext_localconf.php
<?php
// registering the hook
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['ext/cal/controller/class.tx_cal_controller.php']['saveEventClass'][]
=
'EXT:mk_calsavepid/class.cal_controller_saveeventhook.php:&tx_mkcalsavepid_saveEventClass';
?>

class.cal_controller_saveeventhook.php
<?php
/*
    realizes a "saveEventClass" hook with function "postSaveEvent" for
extension cal
    See more details in ext/cal/controller/class.tx_cal_controller.php -
function saveEvent()
*/
class tx_mkcalsavepid_saveEventClass {

  function postSaveEvent (&$this) {
    // here comes the code
    t3lib_div::debug($this,'function postSaveEvent &$this');
    die('class tx_mkcalsavepid_saveEventClass:done!');
  }

}
?>
a) do I have to require_once or otherwise include the class? (I did not see
it being done in the samples)
b) ext_localconf is included in temp_CACHED_FE_psb4eb_ext_localconf.php, so
far it works
c) in class.tx_cal_controller.php in function
executeHookObjectsFunction($hookObjectsArray, $function) $hookObjectsArray
is empty(???) This gives the hint that my ext_localconf is wrong.
d) the die() statement never appears

Why dont I see a die() statement, where is my bug?
Sometimes I see a "&" in ext_localconf befor the classname. What does it
mean?

kind regards,
Martin